ORLANDO, Fla. – The Orlando Solar Bears play the first four games of a five-game road trip this week as they look to build on a three-game point streak (3-0-1-0). Orlando faces the Atlanta Gladiators on Tuesday, Feb. 7 before traveling to Greenville for a pair of games against the Swamp Rabbits on Friday, Feb. 10 and Saturday, Feb. 11 before battling the South Carolina Stingrays on Sunday, Feb. 12. The Solar Bears are two games into a 15-game stretch against South Division opponents.
Tuesday, Feb. 7 – 7:05 p.m.Infinite Energy Arena – Duluth, Ga.Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators
Friday, Feb. 10 – 7 p.m.Bon Secours Wellness Arena – Greenville, S.C.Orlando Solar Bears at Greenville Swamp Rabbits
Saturday, Feb. 11 – 7 p.m.Bon Secours Wellness Arena – Greenville, S.C.Orlando Solar Bears at Greenville Swamp Rabbits
Sunday, Feb. 12 – 3:05 p.m.North Charleston Coliseum – North Charleston, S.C.Orlando Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays
Orlando23-15-5-2, 53 points2nd place, South Division
Atlanta Gladiators17-21-6-1, 41 points6th place, South Division
Greenville Swamp Rabbits23-18-4-1, 51 points4th place, South Division
South Carolina Stingrays24-18-2-1, 51 points3rd place, South Division
LAST WEEK: 2-0-0-0
Thursday, Feb. 2 – Orlando 3, Greenville 2Orlando took a 2-1 lead after the first period thanks to goals from Mason Marchment and Darik Angeli, but the Swamp Rabbits managed to tie the score in the second. Joe Perry pulled Orlando ahead with an early goal in the third period, and Kasimir Kaskisuo finished the night with 36 saves to earn the win.
Saturday, Feb. 4 – Orlando 6, Greenville 3Orlando built a three goal lead in the early stages of the second period, and then added three more in the third frame as Ben Danford finished the night with three assists, while Joe Perry recorded the game-winning goal for the second consecutive game.
Score CorrectionsFurther review has resulted in some scoring changes to Saturday’s game, as Brenden Miller has received credit for an assist on Chris Bradley’s power-play goal, while Chase Witala has been awarded an assist in place of Ben Danford on Austin Block’s tally that capped the scoring for Orlando late in regulation.
Angeli Remains HotDarik Angeli carries a five-game point streak (3g-3a) into this week’s games, and has recorded 10 points over his previous 11 games. The second-year pro has most recently skated on a line with Chris Crane and Mason Marchment.
LaRose Breaks ThroughChad LaRose’s assist on Alex Gacek’s goal on Saturday marked his first point in a Solar Bears uniform, and the forward’s first pro point since recording two goals for the Charlotte Checkers on April 18, 2015 in a 7-3 contest at Grand Rapids.
Gacek Continues to SnipeAlex Gacek’s goal on Saturday was the forward’s 17th of the season, giving him a shooting percentage of 23.9% on 71 shots on goal. That figure leads all Eastern Conference rookies and check in as the fourth-best total among all players.
EYE ON THE AHL:
- Tony Cameranesi – Cameranesi was held without a point in two appearances over the weekend for the Marlies, as Toronto split a pair of games with Syracuse.
- Taylor Doherty – Doherty did not dress in Providence’s lone game of the week, a 3-1 win at home over Springfield.
- Eric Faille – Faille dressed in the Marlies’ pair of games against the Crunch, but did not record a point.
- Brett Findlay – Findlay did not dress in last week’s games for the Marlies.
- Ethan Werek – Werek turned in a goal and assist for the Stars in Texas’ 2-1 win over San Antonio on Saturday.
Monday, Feb. 6 – 9-10 a.m. – RDV Sportsplex Ice Den (Team departs for Atlanta following practice)Practice locations and times are subject to change
Fans and media are invited to attend all on-ice practice sessions held at the RDV Sportsplex Ice Den, the official training facility of the Solar Bears. Flash photography and unauthorized video recording of Orlando Solar Bears practice sessions is not permitted. The RDV Sportsplex Ice Den is located at 8701 Maitland Summit Blvd., Orlando, FL 32810.
NEXT HOME GAMES:
- Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals – Thursday, Feb. 16 – 7 p.m. – Faith & Family Weekend presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson, P.A. & Thirsty Thursday– Fans can enjoy $5 domestic draft beers throughout the Amway Center. Fans can also take advantage of $2 Coors Light drafts before and after Thursday’s game, along with food specials at Ferg’s Depot on Church Street. Fans can purchase discounted game tickets for as low as $14 at com/fergs.
- Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals – Friday, Feb. 17 – 7 p.m. – Faith & Family Weekend presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson, P.A.
- Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals – Sunday, Feb. 19 – 1:30 p.m. – Faith & Family Weekend presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson, P.A.
APP:The Solar Bears mobile app, presented by BB&T, gives Solar Bears fans everything they need right in their pocket. The app is also home to the brand-new Loyalty & Rewards Program, which provides Solar Bears fans with opportunities to accumulate points and redeem them for exclusive prizes. The app is FREE and available for both iOS and Android devices.
ON THE AIR:Orlandosolarbearshockey.com is now the broadcast home of the Solar Bears via the Mixlr streaming service. Radio broadcasts of Solar Bears games can be streamed online for free on any PC or mobile device. Pay-per-view video webcasts of all Solar Bears games are also available at ECHL.TV.
Single-game tickets for the 2016-17 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com. Full and half-season ticket plans are now available by visiting OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com.
The Orlando Solar Bears are the proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and AHL’s Toronto Marlies, and play all of their home games at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Follow the Solar Bears at OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com, Facebook, and Twitter (@OrlandoHockey) for all the latest news and updates. Stay in touch with Shades on Instagram by following SolarBearsHockey.
Season tickets, Corporate Flex vouchers, and Group tickets are a great way to entertain employees, co-workers, clients, friends and family. For more information on all of the Solar Bears ticket packages, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com/groups.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased online at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.