ESTERO, Fla. – The Orlando Solar Bears (21-16-3-0 / .563) visit the Florida Everblades (23-14-3-3 / .605) as the in-state rivals will square off for the third time this week with a 7 p.m. puck drop tonight at Hertz Arena. The Solar Bears picked up a 4-2 win at home last night over the Everblades to even the season series at three wins apiece.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Brad Barone is expected to start in net tonight for the Solar Bears; he is 3-2-0 against Florida with a 2.61 goals-against average and a .933 save percentage. This will be his sixth consecutive start dating back to Jan. 23 at Maine – he has gone 2-2-1 in that stretch with a 2.77 GAA and a .916 save percentage.
- The Solar Bears have been opportunistic on the road against Florida, winning two of three games at Hertz Arena this season. The Everblades have an 8-9-0-2 record on home ice.
- Hunter Fejes leads the Solar Bears with four points (2g-2a) in four games against Florida.
- Joe Garreffa has 2g-2a in his last three games.
- Jackson Keane is expected to dress tonight after sitting out the last four games; the rookie forward is tied for the team’s active lead among rookies with eight assists and is still looking for his first pro goal.
- Blake Winiecki leads the Everblades in scoring against Orlando with two goals and five assists through four games.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears visit the Jacksonville Icemen on Wednesday, Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena. The Solar Bears return home to host the Florida Everblades for Scout Night and the rescheduled Marvel Super Hero Night on Saturday, Feb. 12 at 7 p.m. at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center. Visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com/scouts to learn how to sign up your scout troop!