ORLANDO, Fla. – The Orlando Solar Bears (14-12-1-0) host the South Carolina Stingrays (9-14-2-0) on Friday, Dec. 31 at 12 p.m. at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center. The Solar Bears and Stingrays split a pair of games in mid-November at the North Charleston Coliseum; this is the first of three games at Orlando during the 2021-22 season as part of the eight-game head-to-head series.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Orlando enters the match with a two-game home losing skid, and is coming off a 4-3 road win on Wednesday at Florida, while South Carolina has dropped its last four road outings and its last eight games overall.
- Brad Barone is expected to once again start for the Solar Bears after making 34 saves in a 4-3 win over Florida on Wednesday. His .936 save percentage leads the ECHL.
- In Orlando’s last outing against South Carolina on Nov. 14, the Solar Bears scored a season-high six goals in a 6-3 victory.
- Jake Transit has been retroactively credited with an assist on Orlando’s second goal on Wednesday; the forward has four points (2g-2a) in five games since joining the Solar Bears out of Ferris State University.
- Dylan Fitze is slated to play in his 100th pro game on Friday; he’s played 97 games with the Solar Bears and has 37 points in his time with Orlando.
- Nolan Valleau is expected to dress for the first time this season. The veteran defenseman has 57 points in 93 career games with the Solar Bears.
- Braydon Barker leads Orlando’s active roster with seven points (3g-4a) in 10 games in the month of December. The rookie has seen time at both forward and defense this season, and contributed a goal in Orlando’s win on Wednesday.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears open up 2022 when they visit the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on Saturday, Jan. 1 at 7:05 p.m. at Bon Secours Wellness Arena. Orlando returns home to host the South Carolina Stingrays on Monday, Jan. 10 at 7 p.m. at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center.