- FAIRWINDS Solar Bears Sunday – This season during Sunday Solar Bears home games, 200 FREE tickets will be made available to FAIRWINDS members who show their FAIRWINDS debit or credit card (limit 2 FREE tickets per card), as well as their ID, at ticket windows 11 or 12. Even if you’re running a bit late, all FAIRWINDS members will receive a buy one, get one offer for that day’s game once all free tickets have been claimed – click here for more information.
TODAY: The Solar Bears (31-27-6-3) complete a three-game set at home against the South Carolina Stingrays (42-15-6-1). With a 4-3-0-2 record against South Carolina, Orlando can re-take the lead in the regular season series with a regulation win today. Orlando is in the midst of a seven-game unbeaten streak at home (4-0-1-2) dating back to Feb. 25.
PLAYOFF PICTURE: As a result of Jacksonville’s loss at Greenville on Saturday, the Solar Bears have clinched a spot in the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs and will compete in the postseason for the fourth time in their six seasons of ECHL play. Orlando sits in third place in the South Division, with a four-point cushion on fourth-place Atlanta idle today) with one game in hand – the magic number for the Solar Bears to lock up third place is six points. If the playoffs were to begin today, Orlando’s opponent in the South Division Semfinals would be South Carolina.
NOVAK TAKES GOAL-SCORING LEAD AGAINST STINGRAYS: With his goal on Friday, Max Novak netted his 20th goal of the season, making him the first Solar Bears player this season hit the 20-goal mark exclusively with Orlando. The forward also leads Orlando with four goals against the Stingrays this season in eight contests.
- Eric Baier – 1 assist to tie Eric Faille and Denver Manderson for franchise record for assists (79)
- Joe Perry – 1 goal from 50 with Solar Bears
- Sam Jardine – 2 points from 50 in professional career
- Kale Kerbashian – 3 goals from 100 in professional career
- Sean Zimmerman – 4 points from 100 in professional career
AFFILIATE NOTES: The Toronto Marlies (45-18-1-1) split a home-and-home series with the Belleville Senators last night after taking a 4-2 loss. Toronto is back in action this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. when the Marlies host the Springfield Thunderbirds for the first time this season. The Toronto Maple Leafs (45-23-6-1) skated past the Detroit Red Wings by a 4-3 score last night and return to action on Monday against Buffalo.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears battle the Jacksonville Icemen on Thursday, March 29, at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center at 7 p.m. Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
About the Orlando Solar Bears:
The Orlando Solar Bears are in their sixth season of operation in the ECHL, the premier “AA” hockey league in North America, and are the proud affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and the AHL’s Toronto Marlies. The Solar Bears are owned and operated by the Orlando Magic and the DeVos Family, and play at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Fiesta Four Packs, presented by CenturyLink, are now available for purchase! Pick four games and get gift certificates to Sonny’s BBQ, Dick’s Sporting Goods, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to our Noche Latina game, presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson on Friday, March 23 against the South Carolina Stingrays! Packs start as low as $64 and include $68 in FREE gifts! Click here or call (407) 951-8200 for more information.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased online at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.