GREENVILLE, S.C. – J.C. Campagna netted the game-winning tally late in regulation and Mackenzie Skapski made 20 saves to earn his first victory of the season as the Orlando Solar Bears (7-9-3-0) skated to a 2-1 win over the Greenville Swamp Rabbits (11-7-2-0) on Friday night at Bon Secours Wellness Arena.
Click here for the box score.
Orlando: Martins Dzierkals (Nolan Valleau, Mackenzie Skapski), J.C. Campagna (Jean Dupuy, Kristian Pospisil)
Goaltender: Mackenzie Skapski (18/20)
Greenville: Jack Nevins (Joe Basaraba, Sergey Zborovskiy)
Goaltender: Brandon Halverson (36/38)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Martins Dzierkals got the Solar Bears on the board with a power-play goal at 8:51 of the third period on a brilliant end-to-end rush, splitting the Greenville defense before backhanding a shot over the glove of Brandon Halverson for his fifth goal of the season.
- Nolan Valleau extended his assist streak to five games (5a) with the primary assist on Dzierkals’ goal.
- C. Campagna buried the game-winner for the Solar Bears when Jean Dupuy tapped the puck ahead to Campagna, and the rookie snuck a shot into the top-right corner of the net at 16:09.
- Jean Dupuy extended his point streak to four games (3g-4a) with the assist on Campagna’s goal.
- Kristian Pospisil added his third assist in his last four games with the secondary helper on Campagna’s goal.
- Mackenzie Skapski picked up his first win of the season with 20 saves on 21 shots against and assisted on Dzierkals’ goal.
- Orlando went 1-for-4 on the power play and 6-for-6 on the penalty kill.
- Dzierkals and Joshua Winquist tied for the team lead with five shots on goal.
- Sean Zimmerman dropped the gloves with Greenville’s Austin McKay at 10:18 of the first period; he finished the night with seven penalty minutes in his season debut for Orlando.
- Orlando improved its road record to 4-4-1-0 on the season.
- The Solar Bears continue their 10-game road trip on Saturday, Dec. 2 at 7:05 p.m. when they take on South Carolina Stingrays at the North Charleston Coliseum. The Solar Bears are back at home to face the Norfolk Admirals on Wednesday, Dec. 20 at 7 p.m. at the com Rink at Amway Center. Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
THREE STARS1) J.C. Campagna – ORL2) Jack Nevins – GRN3) Mackenzie Skapski – ORL
About the Orlando Solar Bears:The Orlando Solar Bears are in their sixth season of operation in the ECHL, the premier “AA” hockey league in North America, and are the proud affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and the AHL’s Toronto Marlies. The Solar Bears are owned and operated by the Orlando Magic and the DeVos Family, and play at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Full Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 season are on sale now. Purchase an Orlando Solar Bears Full Season Ticket Membership for as little as $440 today! Click here or call (407) 951-8200 for more information.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.