ORLANDO, Fla. – Although Joshua Winquist paced the Orlando Solar Bears (2-6-2-0) with a three-point afternoon, the Solar Bears surrendered a late third period goal to the Florida Everblades (10-2-0-1) for a 4-3 loss on Sunday afternoon at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center.
Click here for the box score.
Orlando: Chris Crane (Matias Cleland, Joshua Winquist), Winquist (Sam Jardine, Mike Monfredo), Todd Skirving [PP] (Nolan Valleau, Winquist)
Goaltender: Cal Heeter (22/26)
Florida: Quentin Shore (Mitchell Heard, Logan Roe), Josiah Didier (Heard, Roe), Stephen MacAulay [PP] (Heard, Didier), Joe Cox
Goaltender: Martin Ouellette (35/38)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Chris Crane tied the score at 1-1 for Orlando at 5:37 of the second period with his team-leading fourth goal of the season by deflecting a point shot from Matias Cleland.
- Joshua Winquist had a team-high three-point effort with a goal and two assists, and pulled the Solar Bears even with the Everblades after a shot from Sam Jardine glanced off the shoulder of Martin Ouellette, allowing Winquist to jam home his third of the season at 10:28 of the second period to make the score 2-2.
- Todd Skirving recorded a power-play goal for the second consecutive game for the Solar Bears, scoring by redirecting a shot from Nolan Valleau past Ouellette at 12:07 of the second period to give the hosts a 3-2 lead, their first of the afternoon. Skirving now has three goals over his last two games.
- Mike Monfredo picked up the secondary assist on Winquist’s goal, and is now three points away from 150 in his pro career (32g-115a).
- Nolan Valleau picked up the assist on Skirving’s goal, giving him a three-game point streak (1g-2a).
- Cal Heeter took the loss with 22 saves on 26 shots against.
- Winquist now has a three-game point streak (1g-4a).
- Crane (4g-5a), Winquist (3g-6a) and Valleau (3g-6a) are now tied for the team scoring lead with nine points.
- Crane, Monfredo, Skirving and Winquist led the team in shots on goal with four apiece.
- The Solar Bears hit the road for three games, beginning with a visit to Infinite Energy Arena to take on the Atlanta Gladiators on Thursday, Nov. 16 at 7:05 p.m. The Solar Bears are back at home to host the Jacksonville Icemen for the first time at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center on Tuesday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m.
1) Mitchell Heard – FLA
2) Joshua Winquist – ORL
3) Chris Crane – ORL
Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
The Orlando Solar Bears are the proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and AHL’s Toronto Marlies, and play all of their home games at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Full Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 season are on sale now. Purchase an Orlando Solar Bears Full Season Ticket Membership for as little as $440 today! Click here or call (407) 951-8200 for more information.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased online at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.