ORLANDO, Fla – The Orlando Solar Bears (2-3-1-0) surrendered a late third period lead and ultimately came away with only one point in a 4-3 overtime loss to the Florida Everblades (7-1-0-0) on Wednesday night at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center.
Click here for the box score.
Orlando: Jeff King [PP] (Mike Vaskivuo, J.J Piccinich), Chris LeBlanc [PP] (Zach Stepan, Joshua Winquist), Nolan Valleau (Chris Crane, Joe Perry)
Goaltender: Cal Heeter (28/32)
Florida: Stephen MacAulay (Gus Young , Steven Lorentz), Kyle Neuber (Brett Bulmer, Clark Seymour), Mitchell Heard [PP] (Michael Kirkpatrick, Clark Seymour), Michael Kirkpatrick
Goaltender: Callum Booth (21/24)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Jeff King tied the game at 1-1 at 15:24 of the first period with his second goal of the season coming on the man advantage during a 5-on-3 situation.
- Mike Vaskivuo picked up the primary assist on King’s tally and now has recorded assists in consecutive games (2a).
- Chris LeBlanc jammed home Orlando’s second power-play goal during a goalmouth scramble at 18:02 to give the Solar Bears a 2-1 lead. The goal was LeBlanc’s second of the season.
- Joshua Winquist picked up a point for the fourth consecutive game (2g-2a) with the secondary assist on LeBlanc’s goal.
- Nolan Valleau tallied a go-ahead goal to make the score 3-2 at 9:40 of the third period with his second goal of the season. He now has a four-game point streak (2g-3a).
- Chris Crane’s primary assist on Valleau’s goal allowed him to maintain his team lead in points with seven (3g-4a).
- Cal Heeter took the overtime loss for Orlando with 28 saves on 32 shots against.
- Vaksivuo, Winquist and Jean Dupuy tied for the team lead with four shots on goal.
- Tonight’s game was the third match this season that has gone beyond regulation for the Solar Bears; Orlando’s record in overtime is now 2-0-1-0.
- Orlando went 2-for-3 on the power play.
- Winquist is now two goals away from 50 in his career.
- The Solar Bears return to action on Saturday, Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. against the Florida Everblades at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center in another Wawa Sunshine Cup Series matchup. Florida leads the head-to-head regular season series in points, 2-1.
- Saturday’s game is also Orlando Magic Night, as the Solar Bears will wear jerseys inspired by the inaugural 1989-90 Orlando Magic uniforms.
1) Michael Kirkpatrick – FLA
2) Stephen MacAulay – FLA
3) Nolan Valleau – ORL
Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
The Orlando Solar Bears are the proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and AHL’s Toronto Marlies, and play all of their home games at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Full Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 season are on sale now. Purchase an Orlando Solar Bears Full Season Ticket Membership for as little as $440 today! Click here or call (407) 951-8200 for more information.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased online at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.