JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Orlando Solar Bears (6-9-3-0) saw their attempt at a rally fall short as the Jacksonville Icemen (4-11-1-0) got a hat trick performance from Emerson Clark, and Orlando fell by a 6-4 score on Tuesday night at Veterans Memorial Arena.
Click here for the box score.
Orlando: Chris LeBlanc (Jean Dupuy), Michael Turner (Max Novak, Sam Jardine), Joshua Winquist [PP] (Nolan Valleau, Novak), J.C. Campagna (J.J. Piccinich)
Goaltender: Cal Heeter (7/10), Mackenzie Skapski (18/20)
Jacksonville: Everett Clark [SH] (Tyler Coulter), Dan Blujus [PP] (Jimmy Lodge, Emerson Clark), Brendan Collier [PP] (Tyson Fawcett, Scott Savage), Emerson Clark (Dajon Mingo, Elgin Pearce), Emerson Clark (Alexandre Goulet, Pearce), Emerson Clark [EN] (Mingo)
Goaltender: Colton Phinney (21/25)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Chris LeBlanc made his return to the lineup for the first time since Nov. 7 and got the Solar Bears on the board at 4:12 of the second period when he jammed the puck through the pads of Colton Phinney for his third goal of the season.
- Michael Turner got his first goal of the season at 6:31 of the second period when he redirected a centering pass from Max Novak at the right circle past Phinney to bring Orlando to within one goal.
- Joshua Winquist netted his sixth goal of the season with a power-play marker at 12:05 of the second period.
- Max Novak finished the night with two assists, helping set up Turner and Winquist’s tallies.
- C. Campagna scored his fifth goal of the season late in regulation at 19:20 of the third period, taking a feed from J.J. Piccinich and burying a quick snap shot over the blocker of Phinney.
- Mackenzie Skapski came on in relief of Cal Heeter to start the second period and made 18 saves on 20 shots against in 38:31 of action.
- Campagna led Orlando with five shots on goal.
- Orlando saw its season-high point streak come to an end at five games (4-0-1-0). The Solar Bears still sit four points ahead of the Norfolk Admirals for fifth place in the South Division with one game in hand.
- The Solar Bears continue their 10-game road trip on Friday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m. when they take on the Greenville Swamp Rabbits at Bon Secours Wellness Arena. The Solar Bears are back at home to face the Norfolk Admirals on Wednesday, Dec. 20 at 7 p.m. at the com Rink at Amway Center. Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
1) Emerson Clark – JAX
2) Dylan Blujus – JAX
3) Dajon Mingo – JAX
About the Orlando Solar Bears:
The Orlando Solar Bears are in their sixth season of operation in the ECHL, the premier “AA” hockey league in North America, and are the proud affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and the AHL’s Toronto Marlies. The Solar Bears are owned and operated by the Orlando Magic and the DeVos Family, and play at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Full Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 season are on sale now. Purchase an Orlando Solar Bears Full Season Ticket Membership for as little as $440 today! Click here or call (407) 951-8200 for more information.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.