ORLANDO, Fla. – Martins Dzierkals enjoyed a two-goal performance and Cal Heeter made 33 saves as the Orlando Solar Bears (4-8-2-0) edged the Jacksonville Icemen (2-9-1-0) for a 4-1 win on Tuesday night at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center.
Click here for the box score.
Orlando: Martins Dzierkals (Tayler Thompson, Mike Monfredo), Dzierkals (Jean Dupuy, Monfredo), Kyle Rankin (Thompson), J.J. Piccinich [EN] (Joshua Winquist)
Goaltender: Cal Heeter (33/34)
Jacksonville: Tanner Eberle (Tyson Fawcett, Elgin Pearce)
Goaltender: Jamie Phillips (27/30)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Martins Dzierkals scored his second goal of the season at 10:35 of the first period when he rolled a shot from the right circle through the legs of Jamie Phillips to give Orlando a 1-0 lead. Dzierkals added the eventual game-winner at 8:09 of the second frame when he snapped a shot over the glove-side shoulder of Phillips to make the score 2-1.
- Mike Monfredo assisted on both of the goals scored by Dzierkals, allowing the veteran blueliner to reach the 150-point plateau in his 353rd pro game (32g-118a).
- Kyle Rankin recorded his first goal of the season at 9:33 of the third period when he hammered the rebound from a Tyler Thompson shot past Phillips.
- Tayler Thompson earned two assists in his Solar Bears debut, picking up the primary assists on Dzierkals’ opening tally and Rankin’s goal.
- J. Piccinich sealed the game for Orlando with an empty-net tally at 19:24 of the third period, giving him a two-game goal streak (2g).
- Joshua Winquist assisted on Piccinich’s empty-net tally to extend his assist streak to seven games, tying the franchise mark set by Eric Faille last season. Winquist has logged 10 assists dating back to Nov. 7 vs. Greenville. Winquist is also enjoying a seven-game point streak (3g-10a).
- Cal Heeter picked up his second win of the season for the Solar Bears with 33 saves on 34 shots against.
- C. Campagna led Orlando with seven shots on goal.
- With the win, Orlando earned its first victory on home ice this season, and is now riding a two-game winning streak.
- Orlando faces the Icemen tomorrow on the road at Veterans Memorial Arena at 7:30 p.m. The Solar Bears return home to host the South Carolina Stingrays for Marvel Super Hero™ Night at the comRink at Amway Center on Saturday, Nov. 25 at 7 p.m. – the Solar Bears will wear special Captain America jerseys against the Stingrays, who will wear special Iron Man jerseys. Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
1) Cal Heeter – ORL
2) Martins Dzierkals – ORL
3) Tayler Thompson – ORL
The Orlando Solar Bears are the proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and AHL’s Toronto Marlies, and play all of their home games at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Full Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 season are on sale now. Purchase an Orlando Solar Bears Full Season Ticket Membership for as little as $440 today! Click here or call (407) 951-8200 for more information.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased online at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.