Manderson scores twice for Orlando, which maintains 2-1 series lead
ORLANDO, Fla. – Denver Manderson scored twice in regulation but the Orlando Solar Bears fell to the Florida Everblades by a 5-4 score in overtime in Game 3 of the South Division Semifinals on Thursday night at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center. The Solar Bears hold a 2-1 series lead, with Game 4 scheduled for Saturday, April 22 at 7 p.m. and Game 5 set for Sunday, April 23 at 4 p.m. – both games will be held in Orlando.
Click here for the box score.
Orlando: Denver Manderson (Shane Conacher, Taylor Doherty), Mason Marchment (T. Doherty), D. Manderson (M. Marchment, T. Doherty), Eric Faille (Ty Stanton, Eric Baier)
Goaltender: Ryan Massa: 36/41
Florida: Brendan O’Donnell (Matt Berry, John McCarron), Mitchell Heard, Mike Ferrantino [SH] (Mike Aviani), M. Ferrantino [PP] (M. Berry), B. O’Donnell [PP] (Zack Kamrass, Mike Marcou)
Goaltender: Anthony Peters: 32/36
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Denver Manderson got Orlando on the board at 3:44 of the first period after Brendan O’Donnell and Mitchell Heard had staked the visitors to a 2-0 lead. Manderson received a cross-ice pass at the right circle from Shane Conacher, with Taylor Doherty receiving credit with the secondary helper. Manderson’s second goal of the game tied the score at 3-3 at 2:37 of the third period when he jammed the puck behind Peters at the right post.
- Mason Marchment tied the score at 2-2 just 39 seconds into the second frame after he received a long stretch pass from Manderson and broke in all alone on Anthony Peters before snapping a shot underneath the goalie’s glove for his first of the playoffs, extending his point streak to three games (1g-2a).
- Eric Faille received a breakaway pass from Eric Baier to provide Faille with the space to drive the lane and sneak a shot through the five-hole of Peters at 3:05 of the third to give Orlando a 4-3 lead. Ty Stanton added his first point of the playoffs with an assist on Faille’s tally.
- The game was the first overtime playoff game on home ice in Solar Bears history in the ECHL, and was also the longest overtime playoff game in team history with Brendan O’Donnell redirecting Zack Kamrass’ point shot at 12:52 of overtime.
- Orlando resumes its best-of-seven South Division Semifinals with Game 4 scheduled Saturday, April 22 at 7 p.m. and Game 5 will be held on Sunday, April 23 at 4 p.m. – both games will be held in Orlando.
1) Brendan O’Donnell – FLA
2) Denver Manderson – ORL
3) Mike Ferrantino – FLA
Tickets for Solar Bears home games for the 2017 Kelly Cup Playoffs, presented by Coors Light, are on sale now and can be purchased via orlandosolarbearshockey.com, the Amway Center box office and Ticketmaster.
The Solar Bears mobile app, presented by BB&T, gives Solar Bears fans everything they need right in their pocket. The app is also home to the brand-new Loyalty & Rewards Program, which provides Solar Bears fans with opportunities to accumulate points and redeem them for exclusive prizes. The app is FREE and available for both iOS and Android devices.
The Orlando Solar Bears are the proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and AHL’s Toronto Marlies, and play all of their home games at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Season tickets, Corporate Flex vouchers, and Group tickets are a great way to entertain employees, co-workers, clients, friends and family. For more information on all of the Solar Bears ticket packages, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased online at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.