- FAIRWINDS Solar Bears Sunday – This season during Sunday Solar Bears home games, 200 FREE tickets will be made available to FAIRWINDS members who show their FAIRWINDSdebit or credit card (limit 2 FREE tickets per card), as well as their ID, at ticket windows 11 or 12. Even if you’re running a bit late, all FAIRWINDS members will receive a buy one, get one offer for that day’s game once all free tickets have been claimed – click here for more information.
TODAY: The Solar Bears (21-21-5-1) host the Wheeling Nailers (26-20-4-0) for the second meeting of the three-game regular season series.
PLAYOFF PICTURE: Orlando sits in fourth place in the South Division, four points ahead of fifth-place Greenville. Orlando is also five points back of third-place Atlanta, with four games in hand on the Gladiators.
SOLAR BEARS LOOK FOR REPEAT DEFENSIVE PERFORMANCE: Orlando’s defenders did an excellent job in limiting the quantity of shots against from the Nailers on Friday – Orlando held Wheeling to a season-low two shots in the third period, and a season-low 24 shots overall.
BEREHOWSKY ONE WIN FROM HISTORY: Solar Bears head coach Drake Berehowsky only needs one more victory to pass Vince Williams for sole possession of the most coaching wins in ECHL Solar Bears history. With a 80-79-22 record over 181 games, Berehowsky has already coached the most games in franchise history.
MONFREDO & GUDBRANSON PROVIDING CLUTCH OFFENSE: Defensemen Alex Gudbranson and Mike Monfredo each picked up their third multi-point games of the season in Friday’s win. The pair have largely been kept together when healthy this season, and the team has posted a 3-0-0-0 record when either player records a multi-point game.
- J.J. Piccinich – 3-game point streak (4g-2a)
- Mike Monfredo – 3-game assist streak (1g-6a)
- Joshua Winquist – 3-game point streak (2g-2a)
- Drake Berehowsky – 1 win to pass Vince Williams (80) for sole possession of most head coaching victories in ECHL Solar Bears history
- Alex Gudbranson – 1 point from 50 career pro points (12g-37a)
- Adam Phillips – 1 assist from 50 career pro assists
- Kale Kerbashian – 2 points from 250 career pro points (91g-157a)
AFFILIATE NOTES: The Toronto Marlies (35-11-0-1) won their sixth straight game on Saturday with a 3-1 victory over the Binghamton Devils, and round out a busy three-in-three weekend this afternoon in a rematch with Binghamton at 4 p.m. The Toronto Maple Leafs (33-19-5-0) doubled up the Ottawa Senators yesterday and return to action tomorrow against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears complete their regular season series with the Nailers on Monday, Feb. 12 at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center at 7 p.m. Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
About the Orlando Solar Bears:
The Orlando Solar Bears are in their sixth season of operation in the ECHL, the premier “AA” hockey league in North America, and are the proud affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and the AHL’s Toronto Marlies. The Solar Bears are owned and operated by the Orlando Magic and the DeVos Family, and play at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Fighting Four Packs, presented by CenturyLink, are now available for purchase! Pick four games and get gift certificates to Sonny’s BBQ, Dick’s Sporting Goods, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the our Hockey Fights Cancer Night game, presented by XYMOPRINT on Saturday, Feb. 17! Packs start as low as $64 and include $68 in FREE gifts! Click here or call (407) 951-8200 for more information.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased online at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.