- Shades’ Birthday
- FAIRWINDS Solar Bears Sunday: FAIRWINDS members can score free tickets at the Amway Center box office window for Sunday’s game – click here for details.
- Wawa Sunshine Cup Series – Game 3: This season, the Orlando Solar Bears are proud to continue the Wawa Sunshine Cup Series with their in-state rivals, the Florida Everblades. The Solar Bears will look to claim the trophy from the Everblades by earning the most standings points in head-to-head competition during the 2017-18 regular season. During all Wawa Sunshine Cup Series games held at the Amway Center, fans will receive valuable coupons from our friends at Wawa – get yours tonight while exiting the building!
TODAY: The Solar Bears (2-5-2-0) face the Florida Everblades (9-2-0-1) for the third time this season. Orlando will have the opportunity to take advantage of the fact that the Everblades are playing their fourth game in five days after splitting a pair of games to Cincinnati on Friday and Saturday.
NOVAK MOVES INTO TIE FOR TEAM LEAD: Max Novak was retroactively credited with an assist on Todd Skirving’s first period goal on Thursday, tying him with Chris Crane and Nolan Valleau for the team scoring lead. Each player has a matching stat line of three goals and five assists. Novak is also enjoying a three-game point streak (2g-2a).
NELSON GETS A POINT TOO: Logan Nelson was also credited with an assist on Skirving’s goal, giving the newcomer a point in his Solar Bears debut against Greenville.
SHOT LEADERS: With two more 40+ shot performances this week against the Swamp Rabbits, Orlando enters today’s game with the fourth-highest shots-per-game totals in the league, and the best mark in the South Division (37.44)
- Max Novak – 2-game point streak (2g-2a)
- Joshua Winquist – 2-game assist streak (2a)
- Joe Perry – needs 1 goal for sole possession of third place in franchise history (tied with Jacob Cepis and Brady Vail with 35)
- Mike Monfredo – needs 4 points for 150 career pro points
- Josh Winquist – needs 2 goals for 50 career professional goals
AFFILIATE NOTES: The Toronto Marlies improved to 11-4-0-0 on the season after picking up a 4-1 win over the Binghamton Devils on Saturday. The Toronto Maple Leafs (12-7-0-0) swept their home-and-home series against the Boston Bruins with a 4-1 victory last night at TD Garden.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears hit the road for three games, beginning with a visit to Infinite Energy Arena to take on the Atlanta Gladiators on Thursday, Nov. 16 at 7:05 p.m. The Solar Bears are back at home to host the Jacksonville Icemen for the first time at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center on Tuesday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m. Single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and ticketmaster.com.
The Orlando Solar Bears are the proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and AHL’s Toronto Marlies, and play all of their home games at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, the 2012 Street and Smith’s Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year.
Full Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 season are on sale now. Purchase an Orlando Solar Bears Full Season Ticket Membership for as little as $440 today! Click here or call (407) 951-8200 for more information.
Officially licensed Orlando Solar Bears replica team jerseys, apparel, and headwear can be purchased online at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/shop.