Solar Bears Game 48 • Away Game 24 • ECHL Game 646
The Solar Bears play the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on the road for the final time this season; despite last night’s loss, Orlando remains in second place in the South Division and still boasts a .500 record (2-2-1-0) at Greenville this season. With the South Carolina Stingrays idle today, this evening’s clash with the Swamp Rabbits presents the Solar Bears with the opportunity to once again establish some breathing room in a tightly-contested divisional battle.
TOP LINE FINDING STRIDE:
The recently-assembled line of Joe Perry, Milos Bubela and Shane Conacher has started to jell together, as the trio has accounted for two goals and nine assists over the last two games to begin Orlando’s current five-game road trip.
CRANE RAMPING UP OFFENSE:
Over his last six games, Chris Crane has returned to the high level of production he displayed when he was initially acquired the Solar Bears in November. The forward has generated 15 shots on goal and accumulated eight points (3g-5a).
TAKE THE LEAD AND RUN:
The Solar Bears remain the only team in the ECHL with 10 wins on the road when leading after the first period. At 10-1-0-0 in that situation, it is evident that Orlando requires a strong start in the game’s first 20 minutes.
HEAD TO HEAD
2015-16 Overall: 5-4-0-0
2015-16 Home: 3-1-0-0
2015-16 Away: 2-3-0-0
Last 5 Years: 24-15-2-4
Last 5 Years Home: 16-4-1-4
Last 5 Years Away: 8-11-1-0
Points: Manderson – 42
Goals: Perry – 24
Assists: Manderson – 31
+/-: Block – +13
PIM: Carrier & Miller – 54
SOG: Manderson – 133
- Baier: Two points from 100 career Solar Bears points (32g-66a)
- Angeli: 7-game point streak (4g-4a)
- Bradley: 3-game point streak (2g-1a)
- Bubela: 2-game assist streak (6a)
- Conacher: 3-game point streak (1g-3a)
- Crane: 3-game point streak (1g-3a)
- Perry: 3-game point streak (3g-2a)
Following a 6-4 win at Utica on Friday, the Toronto Marlies return home this afternoon for a 3 p.m. battle with the Albany Devils. The Toronto Maple Leafs host the Buffalo Sabres at Air Canada Centre tonight at 7 p.m.
The Solar Bears mobile app, presented by BB&T, gives Solar Bears fans everything they need right in their pocket. The app is also home to the brand-new Loyalty & Rewards Program, which provides Solar Bears fans with opportunities to accumulate points and redeem them for exclusive prizes. The app is FREE and available for both iOS and Android devices.
NEXT HOME GAMES:
- Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals – Thursday, Feb. 16 – 7 p.m. – Faith & Family Weekend presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson, P.A.
Thirsty Thursday – Fans can enjoy $5 domestic draft beers throughout the Amway Center. Fans can also take advantage of $2 Coors Light drafts before and after Thursday’s game, along with food specials at Ferg’s Depot on Church Street. Fans can purchase discounted game tickets for as low as $14 at orlandosolarbearshockey.com/fergs.
- Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals – Friday, Feb. 17 – 7 p.m. – Faith & Family Weekend presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson, P.A.
- Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals – Sunday, Feb. 19 – 1:30 p.m. – Faith & Family Weekend presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson, P.A.